When it comes to road trips, you always want to be as prepared as possible. Being far away from home can put a damper on your resources, meaning that you may not be able to get what you need if you're on the road and find yourself in an emergency situation. Before you hit the road for your next trip, it is important to pack your car with some essentials.
Road trip essentials can come in hand for emergency situations, accidents, breakdown situations, and just your health in general. Let's look at some of the top things to pack to make your road trip a successful one:
- Jumper cables - you never know when your car battery might die and you'll need a jump to get back on the road.
- A spare tire and tire changing kit - tire blowouts or damage are not unusual along a road trip so this will come in handy.
- A first aid kit - you never know when you might need a band-aid or other medical item.
- Lots of water and non-perishable food - stay hydrated and fed!
- A phone charger - very important if you need to make a call during an emergency. Bring a list of emergency numbers as well.
- Blankets - if you're traveling, blankets will come in handy in the event of a vehicle breakdown.
- Your license, registration, and any warranty information.
- Backup directions to your destination, just in case you can't get service along the way if you are using your cell phone.
- Flares or reflective cones - just in case you get in an accident and have to alert others.
- Flashlight - just in case you need to exit your vehicle in the dark.
- Fun game ideas - to keep you entertained on the road!
- Turn on your phone location for a trusted loved one - just in case.
- Pack backup motor oil and coolant in case of a leak.
These are just some of our top recommendations for things to bring along with you on your next road trip. Of course, one of the most important things you can do is to bring your vehicle into our auto repair shop for an inspection before you hit the road. A pre-trip inspection checks your tires, fluids, brakes, engine, transmission, hoses and belts, and more to ensure proper operation of all these critical components. Don't risk your car breaking down along the way - we can help make sure that your trip is fun and without major issues.
We can make sure that your car is ready to take on the long drive and help you avoid a stressful breakdown situation. Call us or stop by Craig's Car Care today!